I left NASSCOM, the apex body of Indian Software Industry on 31st March 2013 and have been associated with IIF, the apex body of the Indian Foundry Industry. Since then, I have been observing the Kolkata IT ecosystem as an outsider but more closely and more clearly.
Here are few of my observations:
- I saw two 5+ years old companies becoming dormant.
- For startups, there are only very few good mentors in the market. One person who is really putting in a lot of effort is – Mr. B. Hari
- Some of the emerging IT companies who are doing great work and needs a special mention are – Honcho, CapitalNumbers, Xenis, High Position, TechShu, AMS Technologies. Trust me you will learn a lot working with the team. My intuition is that very soon they will overtake quite a few number of established companies (15 years old)
- Best designing startup in the town currently with sound knowledge of designing is – The Thinking Hats
- In the BPO segment, Limtex is the best.
- Among the mid-level companies RS Software is still at the top with the best infrastructure. This is the only company with Rs 200 Crore plus turnover.
- FACT is the only product company from Bengal who are growing day by day and they have an awesome customer service.
- I meet a lot of IT entrepreneurs but I must mention about Atul Gupta, CEO, Insync – he is focused and he implements the right things at the right time 🙂
I also thank 2 social media group members who are always extending help and support to the community whenever required
(I will share about few more very shortly)